Friday, February 6, 2009

Scientists Succeed In Teleporting Matter A Whole Three Feet


That's right folks, I estimate in a few short months we'll all be able to teleport ourselves to our favorite vacation spots. Or inside a bank vault -- or the women's locker room! The possibilities I'm imagining are staggering, and, for the most part, illegal. Awh yeah -- breaking the law with science!



No one is galaxy-hopping, or even beaming people around, but for the first time, information has been teleported between two separate atoms across a distance of a meter -- about a yard.



In the Jan. 23 issue of the journal Science, the scientists report that, by using their protocol, atom-to-atom teleported information can be recovered with perfect accuracy about 90 percent of the time -- and that figure can be improved.



Well I would hope that figure can be improved. If 1 out of 10 teleporters winds up with their penis for an arm, well, I want a penis arm! Seriously though, I think we can all agree: this is one small step for man, one ironically giant leap for me never having to move again. Tele-beer me!



Hit the link for a much more in-depth article that better explains the science behind teleportation (read: transfer of quantum information).





Scientist Teleport Matter More Than Three Feet
[foxnews]




2 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to teleport around the world and be back in a flash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on teleportn in your closet.......

    ReplyDelete